What I know about turning 50:
1. The elevator works. The plumbing leaks all the time.
2. I spend a lot of time thinking to myself: “She’s young enough to be my daughter.”
3. The term “old school” is a source of pride instead of consternation.
4. My friends and I carry on intelligent conversations about knee surgeries.
5. Seated on the sofa, I wear a blanket over my legs 12 months out of the year.
6. I haven’t been in a catcher’s squat since the Carter administration.
7. I start thinking about supper at 3 in the afternoon.
8. Loud noises irritate me.
9. Oreos and milk: breakfast of champions.
10. I’m in the best place I’ve ever been.