The comforts of home, while routine, are salve for the soul.
That can make hitting the road a pain in the ass.
In the spirit of irritability, here are 10 things I despise about hotels.
10. Elevator music, which is annoying enough when it’s in the elevator. Now it’s piped through the whole joint 24-7.
9. Vending machines that spit out my dollar bills.
8. Valets, bellboys, any other class of servant. I didn’t grow up in Downton Abbey. I can heft my own suitcase, thank you.
7. Pre-pubescent girls, running and stomping about, acting a fool.
6. Wireless that isn’t free. This is 2013. Isn’t it time wireless became an amenity?
5. $2.50 Cokes.
4. $15 breakfasts.
3. The 8-year-old who enters the elevator sopping wet.
2. Knock-knock. “Room service.”
1. The inability to do as you please, when you please.